Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Introducing Baby Fite!



Here's our little peanut! My doctor's visit went great! It was awesome to see our baby come into view. I saw the heartbeat right away. It looks like a little flicker of light. It took a minute for the picture to focus so that Christopher could see it. When he finally saw the heartbeat he said "wow" and a big smile came across his face. He is such a proud Daddy! My doctor took the time to point out everything and explain what all was on the screen. It was really cool to see Christopher's reaction. All I kept saying was "look honey", "awwwwwwwwww", and "that's our baby". I can't descibe the feeling of relief that came over me when Dr. Day said the baby looks perfect! The nurse printed off these pictures and when she handed them to me she said "well here you go mommy, this is your baby" at that moment it hit me. I am a mother! Of course my eyes filled up with tears and Christopher kissed me. The whole experience was amazing. It was funny, when Dr. Day first got a clear picture of the baby he said "well you are pregnant, there's one little baby in there" Chris and I laughed. I said "Oh darn, I guess no twins this time." I told Dr. Day how everyone was wishing twins on us. I told him that I was more than happy with my one little peanut for now! My lab work came back normal and my next appointment is March 25th. We didn't get to hear the heartbeat today. Dr. Day said that it isn't audible until around 12 weeks so at my next visit we'll be able to hear it! I can't wait! Love you all very much!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!! I am so glad your appointment went well. I love the first pictures. He/she looks just like you Amy! J/K. I am super glad your blood work came back normal. Darn...no twins!!! LOL! Sorry I missed your call, I was on a walk with some friends and their babies. I miss you so much! Love you honeeeey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We know this is such an exciting and somewhat scary time for both of you. Savor every moment. We are so happy for you and Christopher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. here is a blog about women health pregnancy and tubal reversal
    http://www.mybabydoc.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete