Friday, February 6, 2009

Fighting the Lazy Bug.

I worked a 12 hour night shift last night, so naturally I slept pretty much all day today. Once I finally got out of bed I sat on the couch getting a much needed foot rub from Christopher before he had to leave for work. Once he left I knew Mic needed to go for a walk. I am still feeling very queasy and really didn't want to take him for a walk. I had the bright idea to hop in the car with Mic and drive literally one minute down the road to the open field on base where I let him run and play. I grabbed my keys and threw on some flip flops when I thought to myself......"This is pathetic! You are not that sick or that pregnant to be acting so lazy. Get your lazy butt up, put on some tennis shoes and take the dog for a walk!" Seriously that is what I said, out load, to myself. Mic looked at me funny like, "Mom what the heck are you talking about" but he liked what came next. He patiently waited for me to put on my shoes. The nub was just a waggin. He loves his walks!!!!!!!! Needless to say, I actually felt better after the walk. I sat down when we got to Mic's "rope swing" and watched him play. The fresh air was nice. See, I should listen to myself more often. NO MORE LAZY BUG! Well at least not until I'm the size of a house and deserve to be lazy! HeHe

2 comments:

  1. Very cute story! Love you, trying to figure this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More kudos to Christopher for the foot rub! Daddy must be wearing off on him. Poor Mick, he has no idea all the changes in his life that are fixing to hit him. He won't be the baby anymore!!!!

    ReplyDelete