Thursday, February 5, 2009

Feeling VERY queasy!

Well I think I have hit the queasy phase....It all started last night when I was trying to decide what I wanted for dinner. NOTHING sounded good and even the mention of some foods made me sick to my stomach. So I settled for good ol Subway. I felt better after I ate and forgot all about it. Then I woke up this morning feeling soooooooo sick. All I could get down was crackers and toast. The thought of anything else made me feel like vomiting... finally around 2pm I felt weak and knew I needed to eat something other than crackers. All I really wanted was some mashed potatoes. I had the idea to go to KFC and get mashed potatoes and maybe some mac-n-cheese. Christopher wanted Zaxby's. I tried to tell him that they didn't serve mashed potatoes but he insisted they did. So me trying not to be psycho preggers said okay and went with the flow. On way there I was getting more sick. The heat was too hot so we put down the windows. Then it was too cold. I thought I was going to throw up at any moment. We finally get there and guess what.......... NO MASHED POTATOES!!!!!!! I was pissed but didn't say anything. I just sat there thinking I WANT MASHED POTATOES but ordered a plain grilled chicken sandwich instead. I could tell Chris felt bad and didn't want to make a big deal out of it. At this point I knew I just needed to eat something. We got our order and thank God my sandwich was plain or I'm sure psycho preggers would have showed up! I inhaled my sandwich in seconds and felt a little better for the ride home. Maybe I'll try for the mashed potatoes again tomorrow. I'm pretty sure Christopher will listen to me next time!

3 comments:

  1. Oh honey! Bless your heart, cause here it comes! You have all the sympathy in the world from me, because you had a front row seat to my queasy show! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that queasy feeling and throwing up that yellow bile! YUK!!!!! Sometimes no matter what you do, it just comes. It's funny how every pregnancy is different. With Jennifer, I first began to get suspicious that I was pregnant because I was SO sensitive to smells. I remember Daddy and I were living in our first apartment (Aquarius Apts) on Cherokee Road in Louisville. I still remember being in the small trolley kitchen and I was boiling chicken for God knows what. As soon as I started to smell that chicken cooking I ran in the bathroom and got so sick. For the rest of my 5 pregnancies that was always my tell-tale sign - sensitivity to smell and motion sickness riding in a car!!! With most of my pregnancies I really didn't have much morning sickness, but with Stacey I had 24/7 sickness for 5 months before it all subsided after the women's ministry at my church prayed for me. I don't care how old I get, I don't think I will ever forget that feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a funny story, I am laughing so hard right now!!!

    ReplyDelete