Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hormonal pregnancy moment

So I thought it would be a good idea to listen to "Lullabies & Nursery Rhymes" a CD copy of a record my siblings and I grew up listening to. I was fine until the first note of "Music Box" and then I lost it. Tears streaming down my face to the point I could no longer see! I could hear my mom's voice singing as she did when we were little. I also flashed back to all us sisters standing at the record player singing together. Then if that wasn't making me cry enough, it hit me that in a few months I will be singing those songs to my own little one.....I could not stop crying! I sat there and listened to the entire CD and immediately when "Goodnight little one" was over I picked up the phone and called my mom. I had to tell her that I love her. Of course that made her cry because the CD is many years of memories for her as well. Stacey, thanks so much for finding and giving each of us a copy of the CD. It meant alot then but it means so much more now that I will have it for my little one! I have to go now....I need to stop crying! :)

2 comments:

  1. I really wanted all of us to remember what wonderful times we all had listening and singing those lullabies. I cried all summer long playing that cd to Zach before Chase arrived in August. When the first song plays I feel like a little girl again and I start crying. I have another cd I want to give you, not anything related to our childhood but very much to do with any expecting Mother. More tears to come!!! I believe that what you do while prego, the baby will remember when born. Zach loves music, and I listened to all types of music while I was pregnant, including John's loud rap music. Zach would start kicking alot when the rap would come on, so true!! Love you girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Amy when she called me that I played that record (OK now I'm really telling my age) when her oldest sister Jennifer was born. We lived in our first home. I can still see myself in my long hot pink nightgown sitting in a huge rocker in the living room right next to our antique chifferobe with our stereo and speaker in it and rocking Jennifer in the wee hours of the morning with tears streaming down my face as I sang her "Music Box." It's funny how some moments are so powerful that they are etched in your mind and heart forever. I rocked all of my six children and sang them that song. I looked for years to try and find the record in CD version and couldn't. Seriously, Stacey spent hours looking for it and when everyone opened it for Christmas several years ago - we all burst into tears. Not only did I sing the songs to all of my children, they sang it together as sisters, and sang it to our dogs as they were growing up, and now are singing it to their own children. How quickly the years fly! My advice to all of my girls and to any of you young mothers out there would be to savor every moment that your little one needs you, and wants to be rocked, no matter how tired you are. There will come a day, that you will miss those special moments. And they will come all too soon.

    ReplyDelete