Monday, May 18, 2009

IT'S A BOY!




Today we went for my 20th week appointment. I worked last night and didn't get in until 8 am and we left for my appointment at 10:30. Although I should have been tried, the second we pulled into the parking lot at my doctor's office I was wide awake! We went straight back for the ultrasound. Dawn who was the tech that did the ultrasound in week 12 was there. She was so excited that she would be the one to tell us what we're having. I can't explain how relieved and happy I felt when the baby came into view and we could see the heartbeat! Just as the picture came up Christopher said "good morning little one" and the baby turned on his side and faced us. It was like he knew his Daddy was talking to him! PRICELESS! Dawn began checking all the organs and spine, taking measurements and making sure the baby was growing properly. She talked us through everything. Pointing out the kidneys, bladder, stomach, spine, legs, arms, and on and on. It was amazing. She took her time and made sure to get good pictures of everything for the doctors to look at. Then finally the view we were waiting for. Luckily Little one wasn't being shy and the legs were wide open. The picture was blurry at first and the second she paused the picture I yelled out "IS THAT A PENIS?!" She smiled and said yep, it's a boy! I immediately started to cry and looked at Christopher who was half way across the room staring at his son intently. He turned to me with the biggest "proud Daddy smile" and said ..................... "I told you so!" His eyes went misty and I called him over to me for a big kiss. I can't explain the joy that came over me. There is nothing like looking at the life you created with the person you love most in the world. Watching the baby move, all the parts in perfect place and seeing the heartbeat.....knowing that in just a few short months that baby will be born and become part of your life forever. They say a baby changes you....I think the innocence of children is what makes life worth while. In no other way is another human being more dependent on others than an infant is on their parents. Amazing and Beautiful! Well now that I'm balling my eyes out and can barely see to type, I think I'll finish telling you what we found out about our little boy today! He is about 14 oz which is well over the average of 10 1/2 oz. Yes that's right folks, looks like he's gonna be a biggin! His heartbeat today was 130 which is great! He is just perfect! I can't wait to see what he looks like! After the ultrasound I met with the Midwife. All my labs came back normal. Everything is going just as it should. Mom and baby boy are doing great! After my appointment we went and ate lunch at Olive Garden! Yummy to my Tummy! Then we went and bought the crib and dresser for the baby's room. today has definitely been a great day! Well I think that's all for now. Love and miss you all very much!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Amy, I am just looking at this page, sooo very late, but just love your writing about your son, and our grandson! You have a beautiful way with words! God bless our little Anderson and you and christopher!

    ReplyDelete